Thursday, May 8, 2008

If You Don’t Use Paper Plates, You're A Bad Mom

I must be on an environmental kick today. I saw this commercial a few weeks ago. Went looking for it online, but no luck. So I am officially risking the wrath of YouTube and Georgia-Pacific (manufacturers of Dixie products) by posting this video online.

(I apologize for the low quality clip, I was in a hurry and snapped this video with my still camera. How's that for some old-school video piracy?)



What's the big deal you ask? Maybe I'm reading too much into this, but it isn't it a bit odd that GP would choose to build a marketing campaign around a message that basically boils down to, "Use our disposable products as much as you can, or you're a bad parent?"

In fairness, GP does have a good deal of information about their environmental initiatives on their website, but I'm not the only blogger who finds this marketing strategy to be out of whack.

What do you think?