Friday, March 18, 2011

Strap This Thing on Your Head to Sleep Better [Video]

My friends over at Kru Research have been busy distributing the many TED Talk-style videos Bauser Media put together from the two days of footage we taped at last year's e-Patient Connections. Today they released this talk from Ben Rubin, CTO and co-founder of Zeo, about the Zeo Personal Sleep Coach device.

This talk definitely caught my attention because even though I don't suffer from a sleep disorder, I am definitely guilty of not getting enough sleep. I'm always looking for better ways to sleep and sometimes resort to using sleep masks and ear-plugs. I was definitely envious of all the attendees who received a Zeo in their conference swag bag and have been thinking about picking one up for myself ever since.


On the video geek side, I really like how these videos came together from the two cameras we had running in the conference hall, a Sony PDW 700 XDCAM working from a riser and a Sony PMW-EX3 with the most energetic camera op I know running around the ball room to get nice cutaways. A great looking venue and quality staging didn't hurt either.

Here's another (shorter) video I found about the Zeo on YouTube which shows it in action.


What do you think? Would you sleep with one of these on your head?


If you're interested in all things e-Patient and health 2.0, be sure to follow Kru Research's blog, The Patient Will See You Now. And while you're here feel free to subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter.