Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Rebecca Black is Better Than a Slushy in the Face! [VIDEO]

I couldn't wait till Friday to share this.
I've mentioned before how much I love getting e-mails from teachers with follow-ups to the stories we cover on Classroom Close-up, NJ. Today I got one of those e-mails from music teacher Carl Botti at Frank R. Conwell Middle School #4 in Jersey City. You might remember Carl from my post, I Didn’t Get a Slushy in the Face, but I Did Hear a Great Band, about the story we taped with his students.

Here's the note he sent me:
Hi Adam,

If you get a minute please check out the band's recent performance on VH1 "Big Morning Buzz". Is it something for your blog? A followup? NJN show helped us get the gig!

Thanks
Carl Botti
Music Teacher MS4
Jersey City
You bet it is! So without further ado, here's the KYBD Band's VH1 debut with their cover of Rebecca Black's "Friday".


How freakin' awesome is that!

Really happy for these students and thrilled to hear that our story helped them land this sweet gig. Way to go gang!

And just in case you missed it, here's the KYBD Band story from this season:



If you're interested in public education, visit the Classroom Close-up, NJ Facebook page and click the 'Like' button! To find out where I'm headed next, subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter.