Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stories of Surviving the Holocaust [Video]

Do you remember The Lawrence Welk Show? I have some fuzzy memory of it from my childhood, which according to Wikipedia, aired from 1955 to 1982 and had a long life in syndication. Anyway, this isn't going to be a post about one of the greatest TV stars of all time. I only bring it up because the new episode of Classroom Close-up, NJ that was supposed to air this past Sunday night was preempted for the special, Lawrence Welk's Big Band Splash. I'm not upset, it's fundraising time at NJTV so they have to play to the crowd to get those donations from viewers like you. Our show still aired during its daytime slots, so hopefully some people got to see it.

This week's episode led off with the piece I produced featuring the Holocaust Resource Center of Kean University. This segment was one of the highlights of the season for me so far. It's where I got to interview Holocaust survivor, Clara Kramer, and meet writer/filmmaker, Alexandra Zapruder. Not to mention the amazing students from Randolph High School and Morris County Teacher of the Year, Andrew Buchanan, who were at the center working on an independent writing project about the Holocaust.


You can catch this episode online right now or watch it again on NJTV at 5:30 a.m. this coming Saturday. It will also re-air on April 1.



You can learn more about the Holocaust Resource Center of Kean University at their website. And don't forget to check out the Classroom Close-up, NJ Facebook page and click the 'Like' button! While you're here, subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter.