Sunday, May 20, 2012

Test Screening Causes Tearful Nine-Year-Old Girl to Demand Recut [Video]

I don't know about Emily, but this is
what reduces me to tears.
Another school year is almost over which means Classroom Close-up, NJ is in a stretch of reruns leading up to the final episode of the season in early June. Fortunately, this gives me a chance to post about some of the episodes I haven't had time to write about in what's been an insanely busy spring for the Bauser family. Airing this weekend is an episode that includes a story I produced called "Music Memories" about how educators at Warren Point School in Fair Lawn are using music to help students hone their writing skills.


I typically do most of my editing in the confines of my attic/office away from watchful eyes, but occasionally my kids wander up to see what I'm doing. Nate usually wants to know when I'm going to make a "good" movie, which means something with lasers or a battle scene. Emily actually wants to see the story, especially when it features kids near her own age. In this particular case, she came along when I was working on the bit at about 3:30.  I was running long on the story, so I was considering not including a resolution to this particular memoir, but her tearful insistence convinced me otherwise.

If you want to see the entire episode, it will be rebroadcast Sunday, May 20 at 6:30 a.m., 12:30 p.m, and 7:30 p.m. on NJTV or you can watch it online.

Warning, in addition to tear-jerking musical memoirs, it also features zombies.



Check out the Classroom Close-up, NJ Facebook page and click the 'Like' button! While you're here, subscribe to my blog or follow me on Twitter.